Quality begins with understanding the Customers expectations, both known and perceived, and a knowledge of product design and the properties and processing of rubber.
Combining the skills and knowledge of both the designer and the engineer will enhance those aspects that best exploit rubbers potential.
Designs are passed through FMEA for control and monitoring of the design function and to establish the platform for ongoing quality.
The designs in most cases pass through prototype tooling or preproduction tool trials to confirm capabilities and to establish initial SPC limits.
The goal is zero defects, which can be achieved through the use of capable processes and statistically based monitoring. Computerised Camera Inspection systems to reject known defects, play an important role in attaining the ultimate goal.
Continual improvement is needed to increase the capability of processes and because of variations in batches of materials, continuous monitoring of the variables with the use of a rheometer can assist in maintaining the required quality.
- Approval to ISO 9001 plus individual Company Approval Schemes
- Fully approved to IATF16949 Automotive Quality Management
- ISO14001 Environmental Standard
- Continuous Improvement and Customer Satisfaction are our goals
- From Prototype inspection reports to Production Part approval, Burnetts quality system uses all the required tools for full process control
- Fully equipped QC laboratory with test facilities including climatic chamber, rheometer, tensile, hardness and non-contact measurement.